Saturday, December 26, 2015

News

Hi my friends and family,

FIRST off. I love you all!!


LETTERS
So I received a letter from my sister Abbee that she sent in June this week. It was sent to Guyana first. I have no idea where that is, but it was a nice letter and I was so happy to receive it even if it meant a 6-month delay,


SICK
I fell sick this week. It was my first time on a mission to keeping to the missionary schedule because I was in bed. We went to the doctor's, It is nothing like America here. I was whisked in and out and the doctor told me I had bronchitis. Then they gave a piece of paper with the names of some antibiotics and we walked over to the pharmacies where they gave me the medication. It was like 6 pills a day.
After that, I spent a couple of days with a senior missionary couple, The Caldwells. I love them. They were so kind to me, making me soup and even a little Turkey Thursday. 
My companion, Sr. Bluker was a champion and continued to work with the members. While I was with the couple. 


PRIMARY PIANIST
  One of the wards here, Erima, didn't have a pianist to play for their primary program Sunday. I volunteered. It was the funniest thing ever. We didn't have much practice together, but the children were hilarious. One of the songs was follow the prophet and there were like 9 verses sung as solos. About at verse 5, the kid decided to speed his solo up, so i just followed him. haha. The whole ward and I were just laughing. Nothing beats a little service.


TODAY's STUDY
I studied today in Ether 12 about faith. I though it was super interesting how Moroni starts his teaching on faith after explaining that the people in Ether's time didn't understand his wonderful prophecies (see verse 5). I felt like Mormoni wants us to be able to have the faith to understand and listen to the words of prophets today. I love the Book of Mormon!


NEXT WEEK
We have leadership counsel again, so my companion and I are busy making our calls to the awesome sisters in the islands to know how they are doing. 

Dec 5 we are also going to sing in an interfaith choir. It is going to be huge. I just hope my voice will hold up!!


Ok, a little news for you from Tahiti!!   Keep the faith!


Love,
Soeur Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment