Saturday, December 26, 2015

Cookies in Tahiti

Merry Christmas Friends and Family (I think we are close enough to it to say that),

CHRISTMAS COOKIES

Cookies aren't really a Tahitian thing, but we made it one this week. Monday I spent like my extra money in the mission account to buy the "exotic" ingredients necessary. It was $22 to buy a Costco sized bag of kisses. Anywho, it went well all the sisters had a fun time in the house and we gave some to our investigators and the couple missionaries. There is our Christmas spirit this year. 

The zone also put ornaments on the Christmas tree next to the temple. the 23rd the mission is having a big party where we will have a gift exchange. 

I really want this Christmas is to be able to share the spirit of Christ. 


TRANSFERS

Our whole zone is staying the same. The assistants are in our zone and kept looking at me all week. I thought I would be transferred, but I guess that was a joke. haha, So good news is I love my companion. I am helping her learn English. We laugh a ton together. 
She finishes at the end of January, so most likely I will be finishing my mission here in Papeete. 


MIRACLES

Our amis are progressing. Anita and Mike picked a date to get baptized this week. I am so happy for them.
We literally have testified time and time again about the power of miracles. Faith first of course. 


TAHIARII

We have started teaching Tahiarii that I talked about last week. He is super smart and has a ton of potential. 


WHY I LOVE THIS AREA

Pretty much Fautaua is a huge blessing. Before it was the assistant's area and the members have  huge respect for the missionaries. They are always ready to help us out. We don't have a car and walk around a lot, but there have literally been times when 5 different members have stopped and asked us for a ride, but there was already someone else coming to pick us up. It doesn't matter whose house you go to they always give you something to take home and eat. They just love us. And I am so grateful for that HUGE blessing. Also, we talk to like everyone and everyone tells us we can come back and teach. It is awesome. 


KK! Joyeux Noel!

Love,
 TUAHINE Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment