Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Parau API


Hello My dear friends and family,

    I bet you are all wondering what we did for Christmas on an island.  The tradition here for the people is to eat a lot of seafood, mussels,  cow heart, BBQ, and crab. Then they do fireworks too. For others here, the tradition is to get wasted and party. 
   Sr. Bluker and I taught about the real meaning of Christmas on Christmas day to a family. Then our zone got together and went Christmas caroling to Pres. and Sr. Bize. We also dropped Sr. Teore and Sr. Tarati off at the airport so they could go open up a new area on a little island in the TUAMOTUS. 
   Christmas morning, we didn't open up presents. We played soccer with the other missionaries and some amis. It is funny, because we weren't home at all Christmas day, so we opened up presents the 26th. Most of our presents were chocolate. haha. It makes sense. What can you really give a missionary? We also went to  a baptism Christmas day. 
   The  best part of Christmas as a missionary has definitely just been caroling nonstop. People LOVE to hear us sing. The last week has just been sing sing sing. We made like 100 cookies with the other 2 companionships in the house and delivered them to our amis. There were some kids who wanted to join in with us, but we could take them in the car. We gave them some candy we had though in the car. We also gave some of the less fortunate kids the toys my family had sent me a while back. That was definitely one of the highlights of my week.
    THE BIGGEST highlight of my week was talking to my dear wonderful family. We shared testimony and sang and laughed. I love them so much. AND I got to hear their wonderful talents with Abbee on the violin and Mom and Erin on the piano. 
    It is official I will be finishing in Papeete. I have really been trying here, but do not at all feel great about what I am doing as I have in my other areas. So I fasted Sunday and am really just trying. This will be my second companion in a row that I am finishing with and then I finish.  Surely it will all work out in the end. Your prayers are appreciated. 
    Well, I love you all. And my dad wanted me to write who is my favorite scripture hero. Right now I'll say it is Nephi because he had a lot of faith and did what the Lord asked him to do, even if his brothers didn't support him.   


Faaitoito
Love,
TUAHINE Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment