Monday, November 23, 2015

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
   Here we are again, I am sending out my second and last Thanksgiving week email on a mission.
  I used want to start out and express my gratitude for everything, from a great family to the last 14 months I have experienced on a mission, and also for all the love and support from my loved ones out in America, also for the wonderful people here in French Polynesia and all their love and things they have taught me. Most importantly I want to let you know how grateful I am for a Heavenly Father who has blessed my life from the beginning. Voila, a piece of the things I am grateful for this year. 
  My wish that this week you will do the same and meditate about the people and blessings you are grateful for too. I would love to hear about them. My other hope is that you "tamaa maitai"or eat well Thursday
  I just remembered last week I totally thought it was Thanksgiving in my email. Thankfully one of the senior couples in our district, the Caldwells, set me on track that Thanksgiving is this week. Oh mission life!
   Sr. Bluker and I worked hard this week. We are starting to see changes in our amis as they prepare for baptism. 
  This week was booked with firesides for the amis. Friday the temple President came and spoke to our amis right next to the temple. He encouraged them to pray and ask if Joseph Smith was a prophet and prepare to have an eternal family. Then Saturday night the two senior couples in our zone, the Caldwells (from Utah) and the Jones (from England), put on a fireside about the importance of marriage for our amis. Getting married is one of the biggest blocks for amis progressing here. I know our amis Maina and Mike, who were there were touched by the incredible example of marriage and family from our couple missionaries.
Sunday night there was another fireside about family history work and fulfilling our duty to help our ancestors through temple work. 
  Serving is Tahiti is wonderful because there is always something to invite amis to. 
  Saturday we fasted  and worked with the ward counsel all day working on reactivation. We had a little miracle because we went to go see a couple who wasn't married. While there we invited them to the fireside and it was like 4 in the afternoon and the fireside was at 6. Well, the lady ended up coming. It was a miracle for me to see how you always have to invite no matter the  circumstances or your doubts.
  Another miracle happened in Sunday School, as Mike who is thinking about baptism, started asking questions about baptism. The miracle is he is getting more serious about it. 
   Today we have another big p-day planned. We got up at 4am to take Sister Tidjine from New Caledonia to the airport, She got transferred  to an island called TUBUAI and it is where the first LDS missionaries came to French Polynesia. Then we came home and cleaned house and now we are doing our email and we have yet to get a spa treatment from one of our members. Then another member is going to make dresses with us (our members love to spoil us here, our next couple p-days are booked with things they want to do with us). Then we also have to go grocery shopping, because last week we didn't go, because we drove around the whole island. Yeah, life is good.  
   I love you all and Happy Thanksgiving!!
 Love,
 Tuahine Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment