Saturday, December 26, 2015

Getting Back on Track and Welcoming the BEST Month of the Year

Laorana friends and family,
DECEMBER
Here we are in December again. I love this month. The  2nd was my 1-year mark in French Polynesia. There are also the good things to with Christmas to come. We have started listening to Christmas music and people have started putting up their trees. I love it.

TRIAL OF FAITH
  This week I was studying in Preach My Gospel and learned that we have to have a trial of our faith, to have the spirit. Faith is to have a hope for a better world. That is exactly how I felt and all I wanted last week  as I was sick. Then you can't work and the area suffers and it is a huge snowball effect for a missionary. After all that from the other week, this week was different. Things have changed. Just keep reading.
LEADERSHIP MEETING
 All the zone leaders and sister training leaders meet at President's house Thursday. We ate lunch and gave the report about the work that is happening in our zones. The biggest thing for me was being there and being edified from the other missionaries' testimonies. I left that meeting different and more motivated.
SINGING FOR THE PRESIDENT
 Saturday all the missionaries and  a dozen other religious youth groups sang for a concert in the park. Among the audience was the President of French Polynesia. He addressed us in Tahitian. It was pretty cool because I could actually understand what he was saying. Major improvement from a year ago!! We sang "Glorious" and "O Come, O Come Emanuel" in French. We also sang a traditional Tahitian song of course in Tahitian. My voice did crack a couple of times on stage.....oops. There you go. I am not fully recovered from bronchitis.
SUNDAY MORNING
Bishop asked Sr. Bluker and I to sing again in Tahitian for a prelude. haha. We couldn't say no. Our voices were almost "pohe" or dead.  haha. We sang anyways. I thought I would fall asleep up there.

BAPTISM
Saturday we had a baptism. Manutea is 19 and has been taking the lessons for 2 months about. He was ready and happy to have been cleaned from all his past sins. He even invited his friend Tahianii to the baptism. We talked to his friend and he came to church Sunday to see Manutea receive the Holy Ghost. After church, we went over to Manutea's house to have a lesson with him and Tahiarii.
  Pretty much his baptism is a snowball effect. It is awesome!! It is truly a miracle. We are going to use our recent convert to help his friend learn about the gospel.

FAMILY MIRACLE
Another study I did this week was how the gospel blesses families and I thought to myself "wow I have never taught a whole family. I need to start praying for that." I told that to my companion and then prayed for it. Sunday at church there was an amis with a member and I started talking to them and the ami is going to take the lessons with his family. His daughter is on another island and already takes the lessons. That was a huge miracle to me. Prayer answered and the members are on our side.

FUNNY STORY
We were teaching an inactive and the spirit told me to start teaching in Tahitian so  I did. The next time we went back there the inactive, who is a grandma, was like, "My grandkids and are are blown away that you speak Tahitian better than they do."

LOVE YOU ALL
Have a great week and love this season of Christmas for me, please!!!


Tuahine Campbell

Leadership Meeting 

The Concert With Sr. Bamba

Manutea's Baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment