Sunday, November 8, 2015

Raiatea and My Companion's House

Bonjour!


  Today I said goodbye to my companion, Sr. Terooatea and hello to my new companion, Sr. Bluker from New Caledonia. Sr. Bluker has 2 transfers left!! It is scary because I finish the transfer after her. Yeah, there is no way we are going to let each other get trunky. That is our goal. 

   Tuesday I was blown away by a miracle. Our ami, Manutea had told us last week he didn't want to get baptized, but we watched Meet the Mormons last Sunday with him and the next day at a family home evening, he told everybody he actually did want to get baptized. Wow. Talk about a change of heart. I was just so happy to hear that Manutea wants to really change and let the gospel shape him. As a missionary, it is incredible for me to see how God worked that miracle for Manutea and the other members who are supporting him. 

  Wednesday morning, Sr. Terooatea and I took the plane to go to RAIATEA. My companion is from Raiatea and was related to like everyone on the island. It was great. We really went there to do a split with the two companionships of sisters who serve there. They are both training new missionaries. 

  We were there until Friday night and taught, study, and checked out their records, to make sure they were keeping them. It was a great experience. We also had a little fun with them, going out to ice cream.
  This is going to sound weird but we actually ended up moving with the sisters on Raiatea into my companion's house. Her family is renting the house out to the church. So I spent the night in my companion's house, but it is missionary housing now. It was a good thing we did because the first night on Raiatea we had 7 people (me, my companion, 4 other sisters, and a Mami  who has been authorized to live with the missionaries) in like a little beach hut. It was right next to the beach, but it was small. The sisters were sleeping on the roofed deck.  The first night we were there, I slept on a mat on the wooden deck. The house was just full of beds and mats. Yeah, it was a one room house, but now that the sisters live in my companion's old house they have a ton of space. The downside is though the house isn't right on the beach. 

  Flying back from Raiatea was wonderful because we made a stop on Huahine and the whole plane got off except me,and my companion. So our flight from Huahine to Papeete was just us and another lady. It was probably one of the most calming feelings to be on an empty plane flying at night like that. It reminded me of my BYU days taking the red eye home to go see my family. 

     Saturday we went to the temple. It was a miracle, because Sr. Reyelts,  like my mission mom from Tipaerui, was in the same session. Wow. It was just totally inspired for that to happen. It was evidence to me that God is really looking out for me and putting people in my path. I was happy to see her. She also spoiled me and my companion by taking us out to eat afterward. 

  Well. that is about it for this week. I love you all!!

This is the link to watch Meet the Mormons. It's an awesome movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS6PZh6tCC0

Love,

Soeur Campbell
Fruit stand in Raiatea. bought a coconut here but it didn't even compare with the ones in Takapoto
The island in the background in Bora Bora at sunset, I took this in Raiatea

The hut house in Raiatea. 7 people and 1 shower.... it was like girls camp. got to love mission island life 

No comments:

Post a Comment