Sunday, April 21, 2013

"The Future is as Bright as Your Faith"


I don't know everything, but keep reading. :)
So it has been a while but a couple things have been on my mind as I have thought what I should shared with whoever reads this. 
The first is what I have learned from dual enrollment, that is taking my college classes at a local campus while enrolled in high school. I have taken pretty much freshmen courses.  The actual studying and stuff I did would seem sufficient to me to get an A in the course, but by the end of the semester, quite a few times I was stuck at an 89 and that was cutting it pretty close for me. The problem is if I do get an 89 at the college it shows up as an 85 on my high school transcript, but if I get a 90 (an A) I receive a 95 at high school. These past times I have been in this spot my mom has always told me just try your best and the Lord will do the rest. sure enough I would study and pray harder and it would end up great. That is exactly what faith can do. In James 2:17 faith is described as dead without works. I am grateful I could have such an experience to prepare me for real college and to learn to rely on the Lord in a small way. As my Calculus 1501 final is coming up, I am just keeping that in mind. It also applies to just about anything else in life, like finding housing for Fall or becoming better at loving someone. This is supposed to go with that picture above that President Tomas S. Monson said. 
The second is the the events that occurred in Boston. My heart goes out to all those effected by that tragedy. It has been wonderful though to see so many people's true colors show in a horrific time like this. I am glad that even in times of distress and gloom people were quick to do good. I guess the quote above goes perfectly with that too. 
The last I want to share is how thankful I am for Sundays. I love going to church and being at a place where I can feel closer to my Heavenly Father. Today was just great, because of church. I have loved the time I was in Sunday School with the Come Follow Me Program and was sad to leave it, because I was ask to attend to the Teaching: No Greater Call class. As I am transitioning from my nice little home life to what will be my on my own life I am just keeping in mind this video. My church puts them out and I know I am so biased, but seriously they are done so well. The messages are just wonderful! 
You'll have to watch it to know what I am talking about now.


The thought  "I am the master gardner" keeps going through my mind. It is so wonderful to know God knows me and how I can become better.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week and if you want to watch more GREAT videos you can click here. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment