Sunday, May 19, 2013

Senior Festivities

   
Me certificate for graduating seminary. 
 This month has been crazy and gone by so fast. Back in the beginning of May I was finishing up Calculus at Clayton State University and concerned about my finals. I ended up doing well in the class and getting a higher grade then expected, so that was a blessing!
     This past week I experienced my last day of high school and for me personally that was...ahhhhh relieving. In my high school we do something called a senior drum out on our last day. Pretty much all us seniors dress up in Sunday best and have our final walk through the halls of the school. At the front of our little parade is the drum line and the beat of the drum can be heard throughout the whole school. I loved hearing the drum fade in and out as we walked past our school's corridors. All the underclassmen line up in the hall and we give our final hugs and goodbyes.  I don't know how much I will miss it until later, but as for right now I am not missing it (sleeping in is really nice).
     Thursday was also my last day of seminary. I'll miss that. Being able to participate in a continual sacrifice of time everyday was exhausting at times, but one of the best and most worthwhile parts of my day.
     Which brings me to seminary graduation. Out of all the fun stuff going on, I was not expecting to be this satisfied and happy for graduating seminary. I will definitely miss it. It is weird to think I never have to go to seminary then high school again. The other part of this whole seminary graduation thing is I was asked to speak for it. When I got the call I got the vibe that there would be like 4 or 5 youth speakers. I got there and it was me and one other youth speaker on the program. I started feeling nervous, like all the bishops (leaders of the congregations around the Atlanta area) and most the seminary students and their families were there. The chapel was full. I started to pray for comfort. I delivered my thoughts about seminary and the impact it had on my life and was definitely calmed down. It was a good experience. I am thankful I could be apart of that and the God heard and answered my prayer.
     As for this week I will be graduating high school and on Saturday my family and I will be off to the beach! I am so excited for that before I hit the books at BYU for Summer semester and get a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment