Wednesday, October 14, 2015

We Are Going To Raromaitai

Iaorana to'u utuafare e mau hoa!

 We are going to start this letter with an inspiring miracle story.

 While I was in Takapoto, one of the branch presidency members, Pres. MAA, told me on multiple occasions that I was going to go to Tahiti and then go out to some other islands called RAROMATAI. I kind of laughed at him, because then is unheard of for sisters to serve on 2 different outer islands, but he insisted that I was going to go there and told me to tell him when I do. 

  Here is the other half of the story. Part of the sisters we take care of as a Sister training leader in Papeete is the sisters in RAROMATI. 

  Tuesday, all the missionaries in leadership positions had a meeting and there President Bize told me and my companion we need to go on a split out to the RAROMATAI islands. 

  So Sr. Terooatea and I planned our trip and are going on a 5 day split to REATEA and HUAHINE. We are going to take plane 26 oct. 

  Of course, Pres. MAA happened to be on Tahiti, and I saw him and told him that we were going to RAROMATAI. Well, I don't know how more inspired this whole 5-day split can get, but it is definitely something that Heavenly Father wants me to do. Even if it is only five days, I am so excited to go out to the islands again and teach the gospel. It is really a miracle because the sister training leaders only go like once a year to go on splits to the other islands. 

   Another huge miracle this week is that I go my package from my family. I LOVED it and we already celebrated and made brownies (keep reading to know more). THANK YOU family and Sister and Bishop Moore for helping me out with that! 

  So being out on Takapoto I had no clue what was going on with other missionaries, but now being in Papeete you know everything. Missions aren't easy. I will just leave it at that. My companion and I decided we could go make the brownies and share them with the other missionaries in our zone. 

  We did that Sunday and it went really well. It was amazing to see the joy in the missionaries as we delivered the brownies. 

  We also made some for Pres. and Sr. Bize and dropped them off. I was really touched because we just wanted to do that little act of service for them, but Sr. Bize insisted on feeding and serving us. It was wonderful to be with them. I am grateful for a great mission president and his wife. They work so hard. 

   We also did a survey to find new investigators, by asking them questions about the gospel and if they are interested in learning more. The ward did it with us. It was incredible how much  support we had from them. The members here are motivated. Which is a miracle because my companion goes home in three weeks and one of those weeks we won't even be in our area. 

   I love you all so much!! Have a great week!!

  Love,
 Soeur Campbell
Saying goodbye to the kids in Takapoto 

In the plane... this is how an atoll looks

Takapoto transfer...those necklaces were so heavy

MTC Reunion!

Brownies we made for our zone and president Bize. Thanks mom for the supplies!


No comments:

Post a Comment