Wednesday, June 17, 2015

There Goes 9 Months


Hi, everybody.
  Monday we had a huge family home evening with the branch. Sr. Sommers and I gave the lesson on Pres. Ochdorf's 4 priorities: first God, then family, then our fellowmen, and lastly ourselves. Pretty much if your life is prioritized according to that order, it will be easier to handle trials and hard times. 
  Tuesday we were supposed to have a lesson with Eria, but it got canceled, because his concubine absolutely doesn't want him to have lessons. So we have been praying and fasting for her. 
   Wednesday I wanted to go stick my head in the sand. We got rejected and bashed. My companion and I prayed for help on what to do. 
   Friday we had a miracle. During our personal study, there was a knock on the door. An inactive member bought us a ton of food and FRUIT!! The stores here almost never have fruit and to receive fruit like that was a huge blessing. The member had to have spent a good amount because everything here is expensive and there was a lot of food in that box. It was really a miracle. 
  Then after that, I feel like members knew we had a hard time Wednesday because then everyone was giving us a ton of food. Word spreads fast here. It is crazy.
  Friday we also had a miracle with Lulu. He is about 40 and has been taking the lessons for the last 6 months or so. We have been working with him to restart having his prayers and scripture study. This week  he decided to do that and has caught the excitement of reading the Book of Mormon. He told us he wanted to know if it was really true and how to find out if it is really true. ahhhhhhh. It was like music to our ears to have someone really have that desire. Then we got to testify of praying about the book to really know if it is true.  He left the lesson super excited to do that. 
   This week I also had the opportunity to read chapter 34 and 35 in Elder Talmage's Jesus the Christ. I learned so much about the incredibly wrong  accusation and in just trial Christ experienced, because of the wicked people who wanted to kill him. It was really sickening to read, yet Christ had the power to stop it all and avoid the trials and if he wanted to, the crucifixion on multiple occasions. But he didn't, because he had accomplished the work he needed to do and would finish it by giving his life. It was so wrong what happened to the most perfect being, yet the way he handled it was perfect. 
  So this week as I think of the things that happened, I can't help but be even more grateful and reminded of the Savior and his example of perfect diligence and humility under the horrible, underserved circumstances he experienced. He was the perfect and experience the worst of death a person could face. 
   This Wednesday will be nine months for me as a missionary. I won't say it is easy at all. The important things in life are never easy. But I love it. I love this gospel. I love the peace and happiness it brings me. I love the people here. I love to see them truly happy and how the gospel brings them that change. 
    Have a great week everybody. Stay firm in the faith. Don't forget the blessings will come. 
love,
Soeur Campbell

This is Loic, our ami, and one of the tuna fish he caught this week. I think we ate that tuna for lunch today.


Today, we went to Maire Lousie's house and learned how to make her famous cake. This family is so wonderful and an awesome example of faith. The mami sitting down is Gloria (Marie Lousie's mom) we teach her. The other man is her husband.



No comments:

Post a Comment