Sunday, February 21, 2016

Life on Hao

Hello everybody!!

COCONUTS

This week we didn't have much food in the fridge, because we needed to go to the post office to get money. Well, Heavenly Father provided for us. Our amis brought us coconuts!! I was so happy. So we drank and I ate coconut for breakfast almost every morning. yummmm. I have learned the thinner the meat the better, because it is sweeter.

SINGING FOR SERVICE

The oldest man on the island is sick and has been for weeks now. The family is of another faith, but every time we have ridden our bikes past the house I have felt we needed to do something nice for them. I didn't really know how to approach it though, because some had previously warned us not to bother going there. Yesterday, Sr. Xowi and I brought our hymnbooks and just sang for the family in tahitian and for the old Papi. We were outside and Papi was lying on his bed. He looked so weak. I really felt the spirit though as we sang how families can be together forever and that God sent us here to earth with parents kind and dear. The service was so powerful, as we combined with those of another faith during a time of need. Afterwards this family invited my companion and I to eat with them. We ate rice and meat and cabbage and a fried bread. It was so kind of them. I was so grateful for the time we had to share a kind moment.

WHAT I HAVE SEEN IN 5 WEEKS

 I have been here in Hao 5 weeks, and there has been many subtle changes happening with the work here. We have one ami, who used to not like it when we talked about prayer or any gospel subject, but now she calls us to confirm her lessons. It was a miracle, as she said her first prayer out loud with us this week. She was touched and we were touched. It took a lot of courage for her, but she did it. For Sr. Xowi and I, we were super happy for her.

AFTER 17 MONTHS

I started reading Te Buka A Mormon (the Book of Mormon) at the beginning of my mission and wanted to finish it. Well this week I finished it. The entire book in Tahitian.
I cannot even begin to  write how many awesome, quite moments of revelation I had. BUT I spent a lot of time in that book and some of the greatest things I learned on a mission came from reading the Book of Mormon in the mother language of the people.
So yesterday, I bore my testimony in church about it in French and Tahitian and it went well. Public speaking in another language isn't really my thing, but I know that the spirit carried the message into people's hearts.
I know the Book of Mormon is true, because of all the little times I read it, it has helped me, even if I have read it many times, there is always something that applies to me. I have also seen how The Book of Mormon has helped the people here. I just can't even begin to write, but since the beginning of my mission the Book of Mormon has always has a key role in helping our amis.
There is my letter for this week. I hope you all have a wonderful week and turn to Him who knows all when you have something you need to know.



I love you all soo soo much!!

Love, 
TUAHINE CAMPBELL
eating our sandwiches at the lagoon today.... yummm

The boat Kura Ora came on Sunday. We had a package on it. Anyways we saw this image from our house and asked our ami, poekiva, what was up. Then she told us the captain of the boat was drunk at her house and the kids were ceasing the moment to jump off the back of the cargo ship into the lagoon.. hehehe. how fun!!

Here is our friend maimiti and her little pig!!! haha.. I tried to hold it but it tried to bite me and i got really scared!!! They keep the little pig in the backyard and when it grows up they are going to eat it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment