Saturday, February 6, 2016

Hello HELLOOO

HELLO HELLOOO


BLUE EYES

Word has gotten around the atoll. Apparently, we have some amis taking lessons because of my blue eyes. Holy cow. So this week we challenged all our amis with challenges. One challenge was to keep the Word of Wisdom and other commandments for a week. Sr. Xowi and I wanted to see how serious our amis were. Well. It worked. We are getting to be pretty direct here. I love the amis anyways. Oh, I just laugh sometimes about these situations. 

ENGLISH CLASS

Thursday we had our first English class for the community. It was super fun, We laughed a lot and our amis came. Having people actually come was a miracle for me, a huge blessing and we had a lot of fun. We learned, "I am a Child of God," and some pronunciation stuff. 


COMING TOGETHER

This week we had branch council. It was wonderful because working with the local leaders is so key in missionary work. We discussed our action plans with the leaders and felt supported. 

Then we have many members who are really starting to help us have lessons with amis. The following story is thanks to one of the members who is trying to work with us. 


PRAYER ANSWERED

This week I prayed to really feel the spirit in a lesson. It happened as we taught in Tatiana's home (a member who is a school teacher here). I was teaching and testifying of a prophet and I felt it. The amis did too as we read in the Bible and Book of Mormon. 


THE BIGGEST THING

Serving on a little island has it's way of missionary work and the biggest thing I am grateful for this week is just the trust of the members that is starting to be there. We are really being blessed with members who want to go out with us or have a family home evening. Last week I was worried about that and prayed to know how we could better work with the members and this week I can see that prayer being answered and things are just changing. 


BLESSING

Last blessing of the week. Our running water in the house changed from salty lagoon water to normal this week. I think one of the members came and did something with it. Boy, I am grateful for that. It is so much easier to clean and to get clean with regular water!!!!!!


LAST BIT

My companion and I admired the ocean today. It is sad we see it all the time, but don't give it enough for how pretty it is. Life is like that a lot we don't see what is really before our eyes. The water here is literally the best in the world, but we are so preoccupied with another thing we set it aside. Voila some food for a thought. 



LOVE YOU LOTTSS AND LOTTSSSS


TUAHINE CAMPBELL

The first green building on the left is the church (its the one before the pink house). I think it's safe to say we go to church on the beach...our house is the other building with the rusty tin roof.

Better picture of the church
Loving my daily fish and riceee..... yuummmm!  I love it when we eat this.... living off the island.  got to love this maa (food)


Voila our flower crowns we made and gave away 
j'ai fait moi même ma couronne de fleurs.J'ai appris a faire avec une jeune fille membre...JOLIE n'est ce pas???? lol 

Today at the boat dock... this is a 2 min walk from our house....... got to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment