Monday, January 18, 2016

Emergency Transfer by a MIRACLE to a little ATOL Called Hao

That is Puamotu, The language they speak in the TUAMOTUS, here in HAO where I got transferred.

Last Monday I was eating lunch with the couple Jones and Elder Jones asked me if I wanted to end my mission in the islands. I hesitated to answer. because transfers were already over and my companion was finishing at the end of this coming transfer and then I finished. So I told him it wasn't going to happen, but I would love to.

Then Tuesday morning, I was on a split with Sr. Bamba and we were in the middle of a lesson and the assistants called and i sent them a text saying we were in a lesson. Then the texted it was urgent so I called them back and they told me I was going to be emergency  transferred to HAO Thursday

Hao is an atol (because there is a lagoon in the middle) and has only been opened for sister missionaries since September. It is in the TUAMOTUs and there are about 1200 people who live here. That is 3 times the amount of people compared to the other atol I served on Takapoto that had 400 people on it.

Pretty much I was super excited because that means I am not finishing my mission in Papeete. YESSS!!!   


Then I started asking around how that happened I was transferred. I actually asked Pres. Bize directly as we had our interviews later that day Tuesday. He told me that he had to make the decision fast (because there was only 1 seat left on the Thursday flight to HAO and the assistants were at the mission office with President trying to reserve the seat, and they needed to give the airline company a name to reserve it under), He looked at the list and ny name stood out because I had already served in the Tuamotus. 

Then the next two nights I just couldn't like sleep because of shock and stress. Then it occurred to me that I had actually prayed to be transferred to Hao at the beging of dec. because I knew the transfer was coming around and I wanted to go to the Tuamotus again. Then that didn't happen the time of the transfers; Then God answered my prayer when I least expected it!!!



Wednesday I went to the temple for the last time as a missionary and packed. Thank goodness for Sr. Reyelts, because she helped me a ton getting last minute stuff I would need to play survivor.


Thursday I went for a run to the cruise ship dock in Papeete with Sr. Bamba. Then my companion, Sr. Bluker and I went to the leadership meeting at President's house. I left in the middle of the meeting to go to the airport. 


Usually you send your stuff by boat and my stuff would get to the island like the 25 jan, but since it was an emergency transfer the mission paid the extra baggage fee for my 50 kg of stuff (about 102  pounds). That was a huge blessing, because my companion at Hao still hasn't gotten her stuff yet as she has only been there 2 weeks. 

After a 2.5 hour plane ride I got to Hao. My companion Sr Xowi has only been here like a week, so we are doing lots of getting to know people and contacting. We are having to start with like 0 and build up after that. 

Friday morning we didn't have running water, because our water tank that collects rain water got empty. I have no idea why it is like that because everyone else on the island is fine. Pretty much we have been taking showers with bottled water for the last four days. the whole Takapoto experience with no water or electricity or water for 5 days prepared me for this experience. God knows what He is doing. Actually the water is like one of the last of my stresses. Finding people to teach is a lot higher on the list. 

There are about 60 active in the branch. Sunday was an exception because most of the branch has taken their every two year trip to the temple because a round trip plane ticket to tahiti is like six hundred dollars. 

Good news is that members are wonderful and feed us like two times a day. AND our house is right on the lagoon. YAAYAYA... OHHH it is such a nice view. It is a huge blessing as that water has been used to wash our dishes already. So tomorrow we will get water in our tank, the community should fill it up. Either with water from the ocean or treated water. I hope it is the latter, but any running water would be nice right now. 


Yeah my companion and I are praying for miracles. This reminds me too much of Takapoto but we are almost like white washing. We really have a lot of work to do and I am excited. 

Ok well love you all so much!!!!


Love sister Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment