Tuesday, September 23, 2014

23 September 2014 MTC MIRACLE TIME!

Hey, everybody!!! I am a missionary. The MTC has been very busy. There is so much to do. I have 3 elders and 4 sisters in my district and all of us are going to Tahiti. There is also another 8 elders all going to Tahiti with us. We are all learning Tahitian first for the first 5 weeks and then will switch to French. My companion is Tuahine/ Souer (sister) Arbuckle. She has a sister, Sister Lauren Arbuckle serving in my home stake in GA. It was a tender mercy to be her companion. We were hoping for it and it happened. We have already taught three lessons in "Tahitian." It is super broken Tahitian, but we usually sing a hymn and pray and things run pretty smoothly. The lessons are in bare beginnings, but it is great that we start somewhere, because things can only get better. It has been great to be at the MTC. Many miracles are happening on this mission. One miracle happened to me within minutes of entering the MTC. They give you a little packet with your name tag in it and room key, but also on the front of it says your companion's name. I read mine it said, "companion: Sister Ashely Arbuckle." I was thrilled!!!! Sister Arbuckle has a sister serving in the ATL mission and I totally have taken pictures with her. Also since my family had that connection, we met up the Arbuckles in SLC. I love that that happened. I'm sure it will be the first of many miracles here. 
So the in all honestly I was not myself in the MTC my first two days and that just didn't work out for me. Eventually, I needed to change, so things built up and eventually it took all that build up for me to chill out and be myself after that change took place thing were amazing. Everyone says the first couple of days are hard and I thought, "sure," but really they can be. For me, it took me just opening up to help with the transition. 
Another miracle happened. I bumped into my friend from BYU Davy! That was a huge day made thing! he teaches here and it is great to see someone you know. Gotta love those miracles. 
Part of MTC training is teaching lessons in the language. We are learning Tahitian, so Tuahine Arbuckle and I have taught three lessons in them. Seriously it takes a ton of faith to go in there not knowing anything, but with God, you can do anything, somehow our investigator's heart was touched every time. Tomorrow, we teach again, but with no note. We will be praying for yet another miracle. 
Last things. One of my dreams has been to sing in the General Conference choir. My compy and I went to choir rehearsal all to find out that we weren't, but thats ok. The elders will be singing in the priesthood session but had to be accepted. I am proud to say that three elders in my district made it in! So watch our for Elder Pruett, Stafford, and Tripp! 

So the theme has kind of been miracles. They are happening here everyday! I encourage you to look for one and dear elder me about it!. I love mail! Or tell someone! God is awesome, HE LOVES YOU! Make it a great week! - Tuahine Campbell




                    Tuahine Campbell's District


                   Souer Campbell and Souer Arbuckle as companions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment